Friday, June 20, 2014

Dachau concentration camp

Today was a very solemn day.  "Work will set you free." One of the many lies told by the nazi party. I decided to walk around alone. It was a very reverent place and I felt so overcome. I cried thinking of the atrocities that were committed here. I cried because I work with one of the men who was part of the occupation in charge of cleaning up Dachau. What a horrible job. He use to take the kids on this trip. When they would come to Dachau he would stay on the bus. He said after what he had seen here, he never wanted to see it again. We owe so much to the generations before us. They suffered tremendously for our freedom. 

2 comments:

sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sara said...

I forgot that you were going there. I think it would be hard for me to go to a concentration camp. I am glad you were courageous and went. What a memorable day.