Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Next Time I Post...

I have chosen to get back into blogging. I don't really like posting pictures or information on Facebook. I feel like people that I don't really consider close friends can see me and all that I do, for this reason I will be updating you on my trek through Europe only on my blog. I have 11 days left until I leave. I am totally nervous, I feel like I am not ready for this adventure yet. I have two weeks of work and its a super busy time of the year. We have graduation and all of the prep, I am exhausted just thinking about it.
I thought I might share the brief introduction that they made me write for the parents and kids. I didn't really share any of my funny stories but they will probably get some of them out of me on our flight. I hope they think I am as funny as I believe that I am (cross your fingers).
Hello,
My name is Whitney Fauver. I was born in Price, Utah. My parents are Jim and Jennifer Fauver. I was raised on a farm in Orangeville, Utah. I am the oldest of four sisters. Miranda (Aldo) Gutierrez and their son Atlas, Tennyson and Banner. My Mom stayed home with us, and we spent our days roaming around the fields or at my Grandparents house. I think it could be said that I had an idyllic childhood.  In the morning before I went to school I had to feed the cows. My sisters were not strong enough to do all the heavy lifting so I was my Dad's go to girl. He taught me to drive when I was nine, I thought I was freakishly tall for my age( no girl likes being taller than their male Principal in 6th grade) but my Dad used it to his advantage. When we weren't working hard, we were playing hard.
Me, Miranda and Dad (take note of my killer fanny pack)



 I love spending time with my family. The day after I graduated from High School I moved in with my Grandpa Jorgensen. He was in declining health so I opted to stay with him, and attend a community college. The day I started my first classes, he got really sick. I ended up spending my first two weeks of college at the hospital and attending classes during the day. He passed away, and I lost my best friend. We were kindred spirits, so I decided that I would pattern my life after his. It was for that reason that I studied History at the University of Utah. I graduated with a degree in History and Spanish in 2011. I am getting ready to start on my Masters of Education this fall. I like to think that he is so happy that I chose a path similar to his.




 When I was 21, I was called to serve a mission in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. If you want real adventure stories, I suggest living in a third world country. Honduras is definitely my second home, the people are kind but life was difficult. We lived as they did, that meant no running water, very little food, cooking over a fire, and living in tin roof shacks. It was a shock for me, I had to adjust to their lifestyle, but after  "camping" for 19 months I started to live a more free life. The free life consisted of no makeup, washing my clothes by hand and smelling the worst smells imaginable (sometimes me) and keeping a smile on my face. My motto was, "Come What May and Love It." It was the hardest thing that I have ever done, but it was well worth it.
Disneyland
I grew up with a Mother who loves sports. We spent our weekends watching football, basketball, tennis, golf and whatever else happened to be playing at the time. Olympics are a must. I may have a certain family member who takes a week of vacation time to stay home and watch the Olympics. Our family Opening Ceremony Parties are legendary. The one sport we didn't ever get into was soccer.Needless to say after living in Central America, I learned to be a Futbol enthusiast. That happens when you are surround by people who are obsessed with everything about it.

 I came home and got back into the groove of life. The groove for me is work, family and travel.
 My travel buddy (Aunt Sara) and I, try to visit Disneyland (we are obsessed) and a new destination, every year. We have had countless adventures and disasters as we have trekked across the globe.
Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park




Paul McCartney Concert. Sara and Me
Jonas(Luke Skywalker) and Me(Princess Leia)
 I spend a lot of time with my family. You may laugh but I love Star Wars, LOTR, and all Regency Era (Jane Austen, etc..)books and movies. I love to read a good book and listen to my tunes. If someone ever found my Ipod on the street based on the music, they would never guess it was mine. I like to say that I have an eclectic taste in music. I was heavily influenced by Sara and my parents. I love music from the 60's,70's, 80's and of course throw in some good old N*Sync and I'm in heaven.

Me and Lily
 To get through school I worked as a Nanny. I worked for a family with 9 boys and 1 girl. I have learned all I ever/never wanted to learn about boys by being a nanny and working at a Middle school and now High School. My Dad's favorite thing to preach was, "boys are gross!" He always said he was blessed to have all girls, I disagreed when I was a teenager because that meant we had to work like boys, but I wholeheartedly agree now that I have experienced their mischief first hand!
Dad, Mom, Tennyson, Me, Banner, Miranda and Aldo
 I worked in the Counseling Center at Union Middle School until 2012 when I was hired to be a Secretary at Highland High. I consider being hired at Highland to be one of the most fortunate things that has ever happened to me. I love Highland, and I am very grateful to work with great kids. I am currently the Girls Basketball Assistant Coach, and Throwing Coach for the Track team.
 In December my sister had a baby (the first boy), and we were all so excited. Little Atlas, or Young Sir (as I call him) has been such a fun addition to our family. I will miss Him while we are gone, but not as much as Katie will miss Kawika.
My Mission President and Wife, with my family.
I hope you got to know me a little better, I left out most of the really good stories, but I figure I will share those with the kids as we travel through Europe!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post. See you this weekend.

Stacy said...

What a great story Whit! I love that it's about family and all the great blessings that go with it!