Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Break


My Spring Break doesn't officially start until Monday, but I figure since I don't have classes today, today is the day! I am busy, like I haven't been in months. I work 5 nights a week, and go to school 2 days for 8 hours. I have had a midterm exam once a week since the 11th of February. I have never studied so much in my life. I've made new friends and for that I am grateful. This Spring Break is the first that I haven't been able to go home and I am sad. I have a ton of stuff to do. I need to write two book reports, 1 long essay, rewrite 1 paper, and write a another analytical essay. Believe it or night, thats not because I procrastinated, thats if I prepare early. All these things plus more exams are due after Spring Break. There is light at the end of the tunnel, however, I only have 5 weeks left of school. Summer!!

I started working with a personal trainer at the first of March. I do weight training 3 hours a week. She has taught me some really good techniques and I feel stronger already. I'm hoping this is the thing that will help me get to a healthier state. As the temperatures get warmer I look forward to spending alot of time outside.

I also have begun looking through my fabric collection, and am planning on making some quilts on my own. I plan on starting one this weekend. My friend Brittany comes home from Honduras on Thursday, its hard for me. I feel like after this all my connections with my mission in Honduras will be gone. Its a harsh reality, and I feel like it was all a dream long ago. I got the chance to drive home for one day this week, and participate in Missionary week. It was a great opportunity. My Seminary teacher Bro. Doria, wants me to think of becoming a Seminary teacher. I don't think that I am spritual enough to do that. I will have have to look into the program here at the U. I love being with the youth, and I know that they do need many positive mentors that love them. I have alot of prayer and soul searching in front of me. I am really trying to figure out what to do in the future, and as the end of my university grows near, I am becoming even more anxious to determine my plan. Alas, I have no idea. Nothing seems to come to me and say "do this." I very much look forward to figuring out my life. Enjoy your Spring as much as I plan too. Warm weather means a happy whitney. Adios

1 comment:

Anne Adele said...

I'm sorry that you can't get down to Emery County for spring break. I know your Mom and Dad would love to see you, but it's best to stay in SLC and get all your school work done. As to your not being able to set on a future career, maybe you have been doing all the usual things to receive revelation, maybe you need to step it up a notch, is that too casual for such a sacred item? You are entitled to your own personal revelation. Your career is of the utmost importance and Heavenly Father will guide you.