Wednesday, December 16, 2009
1. Only two books in the New Testament give an account of Christ's birth.
2. Joseph was an old man when Jesus was born.
3. Joseph was told what name to give Jesus.
4. The wise men found Jesus in a stable.
5. Three wise men came to see baby Jesus.
6.The wise men rode camels.
7. The wise men were kings in their own country.
8. Angels appeared to shepherds who were watching their flocks at night.
9. The shepherds followed a star to Bethlehem.
10. The angels sang "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."
11. The shepherds found baby Jesus lying in a manger.
12. Baby Jesus was born in a stable.
13. Jesus was a descendant of King David.
14. Jesus was a descendant of Judah.
15. A mean innkeeper turned Joseph and Mary away.
16. A little drummer boy played his drum for baby Jesus.
17. A shepherd boy brought Jesus a lamb.
18. After the shepherds had seen Jesus, they went around telling other people about it.
19. Mary rode to Bethlehem on a donkey.
20. A white rose grew up at the door of the stable where Jesus was born.
21. The wise men were called "Magi.".
22. Though the animals awakened him, Jesus did not cry.
23. Jesus was born of a virgin mother.
24. Jesus was born on a snowy winter night.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
It seems like we never get a chance to celebrate Dads Birthday. Its falls in the same week as piano recitals, ward parties, and Jr. Jazz games. I was trying to remember all the birthdays we spent at other gatherings, and I think its almost everyone of them. Sorry Dad. I hope you got to do at least one thing fun today. At least you got a really good present this year, A suit:) I know you really wanted it. I love you.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Last but not least, I get to go home! I will be done with this semester, and I get to leave the city. That means a few weeks of no homework. I am getting closer to the finish line for my degree and I am getting so excited. I love being at home!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
1. Five books
2. Five movies
3. Five food items
4. Five pictures
5. Five people(for their usefulness)
6. You must add one category.
Now you have to post this on your blog, and will do mine when I get a minute.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Okay guys, my quizzes are going to be getting harder everytime. We must pump up on our Fall and Halloween Knowledge. I encourage those who didn't take the quiz last time, to give it a go this time. Congrats to Shelley and Anne Adele, they both got 100%!!!! Good Luck on this one, they next one will be about fall foods. YUM
1. Which of these cities is NOT considered to be one of the most haunted in America?
New Orleans, Louisiana
2. The ghost of Abraham Lincoln has been sighted:
At the top of Chicago's Chrysler building
At the White House
Behind the window in the log cabin where he was born
All of the above
3. Who was the Winchester Mystery House built for?
The ghosts of the people killed by Winchester rifles
Sarah Winchester, the widow of the renowned gun maker William Wirt Winchester
The ghost of William Wirt Winchester, who appeared in his wife's dream requesting that the strange house be built after his death.
4. Which of the following is NOT traditionally associated with voodoo?
5. A few of the 25 women condemned to die during the Salem Witch Trials had actual supernatural powers.
6. In "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," Ichabod Crane is pursed by Headless Horseman, the ghost of a trooper killed during:
The Civil War
The Revolutionary War
World War I
The War of 1812
7. Why are certain towns in the United States referred to as ghost towns?
The number of ghost sightings in those areas is abnormally high
They're located in cold climates, which make them attractive to ghosts
They're mostly empty, which makes them perfect haunting grounds for spirits
They were once flourishing towns but are now largely abandoned
Answers to last weeks quiz: A. Bats A. Turnips. A. All Saints Day. C. Skeletons B. Vandalized Homes A. Puritans
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
a.When the tradition began, costumes were thought of as the "trick" employed to snag treats.
b. Formerly, trick-or-treaters vandalized the house if no treats were produced, or if the treats were disappointing.
c. Many years ago, people handed out a mixture of gag gifts (tricks) and candy (treats) at Halloween.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Monday, September 28, 2009
Last year when everyone did their random facts page I enjoyed from a great distance. I now would like to post mine. I did indeed write mine in my mission journal. I ran across them, and I laughed so hard, I thought everyone else should know some funny things about me.
I also want to encourage everyone to keep blogging. So, I am asking that everyone post 5 things that would be new for me, things I don't know about you. I return I will post many things you may not know about me.
1. I love General Conferance, and I am excited to hear it in English.
Keep on Truckin!
Monday, September 21, 2009
I've come far enough to welcome home Nicole. She got back from serving in the Hong Kong mission this week. She gave an amazing talk. It was so good to see her. We exchanged letters during our missions, but its nothing like talking in person. I look forward to many visits with her.
Yes, the goof troop minus one. We missed Pahulu. These are the sisters from my district in the MTC. Hermana Kylie Brown, and Hermana Rachel Jorgensen. We had lunch together on friday, and laughed about the good times in the MTC. They both served in the Barcelona, Spain mission.
As a side note, I have officially hit the two month mark. Yes, I have been home that long. It seems like yesterday, and then again it seems like forever. I still struggle with my yearnings to go back, but realize I must be home. Things are going good, and I know Heavenly Father will bless me. I got a job last week, working as a private tutor. The lady said she could feel a special glow about me. I guess its my firm desire to work with kids, and help motivate them. I will be teaching Spanish, Language Arts and History. I feel very lucky to have good job. I still am adjusting to the whole roommate, college life thing, and I know I'll make it. Luckily my roommates are sane individuals, and don't keep me up extraordinarily late. I love a good bedtime. As for school, my professors are still trying to indoctrinate us with their ideals, but what would the U be without that. It keeps me interested, because I refuse to be confused by their ramblings or rants. I love Utah, and I don't care if they think I'm a dumb girl with no idea what the world is about. I know what my world is about, and its about passing their class and moving on. I will love school, I just pray i start loving it this week. As for other news, I'm drawn a blank. Endure Well.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
To remind us that we always have enough food. Ps. remember not to stick the bratwurts, they lose all their juices.
Sunday, September 6, 2009
I took a few classic pics of my ever so photogenic sister Tennyson. Just to explain, we were in Dillards school shopping, and passed what I believe to be the biggest backpacks ever. I was a bad example and told tennyson to take them off the wall and we would take pictures. Who cares!
The other two were taken at Shakespeare Festival. we laughed so hard because she came out looking like a real little boy. cute. I'll do a follow up blog later, to highlight my birthday weekend.
Monday, August 31, 2009
I Love You Zac. Espero recibir noticias tuyos pronto. Que le vaya bien, y Dios Te Bendiga.