Monday, October 20, 2008

Tropical Paradise

I am slightly jealous of the cooler weather yall are enjoying. We are enjoying a nice round of tropical storms. When I imagined Honduras I only though of the beach, the only time I saw it was when we were flying over. The continual rain fall has created many problems, and I am tired of walking in he rain. Luckily we have a bus route that runs through our area, so that saves us in a little travel time. I normally enjoy walking but with all the rain, the bus is great. ONe problem, think of Dennis driving down straight canyon, put him in a school bus and add 80 people. Now you got a bus in Honduras. Everyday is an adventure, like you can´t even imagine.
Now, he purpose of this blog was to wish a very special little girl happy birthday. Leah Jane Schauerhamer Happpppppy First Birthday. All I can send you is an imaginary Kiss. I wish I was there to see you with your cake. Morgan take a video. I love you all. Take Care. Drive Safe.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It sounds like every day is an adventure. Hope you dry out soon.

Alan and Shelley said...

Just picturing Dennis and 80 people in a bus made me laugh out loud. Think of Kramer on the Peterman reality tour handing out snacks and then you get Dennis driving a bus. He would have to keep his mind on driving and it would be too hard because he would be trying to hand out all the food too. I love your posts.

Liz & Dennis said...

yes, i have lived that scene with dennis, driving and food and drink more times than i can remember. it's funny after the fact, but when i'm actually in that moment i'm usually wondering "what was i thinking" i want to go so many places with him and then i remember what it's like to travel with him just to price and slc and i shudder. on our most recent trip north we hadn't got past huntington before he had spilled sauce from a meatball sandwich on his white shirt that he was wearing to the temple. he had tried to feed me a bite and i had firmly declined so i stayed clean. i admit the trips are crazy, but still he makes us all feel loved and nurtured.

The Schauerhamers said...

I love Dennis, and I love that he does what he does. What would we do without him? So I have been a little stressed figuring out this whole birthday thing. I am hoping it turns out okay. We are having a party with the Jorgensen family and the Schauerhamer family. It should be really fun but I just want to make it perfect. Anyways her birthday is today and I was able to get her hair in pigtails. If you remember any pictures of me when I was little with pigtails, we could be identical twins. What I mean to say is, the pigtails are miniscule. They are darn cute though. I love her so much, she has started walking and getting a little clingy in the mornings when I try and drop her off at kinderbeets. She is by far the cutest one there. Can you call me a proud mommy, um.... yes! Thanks for the Birthday Shout out. I will have to save this and show her when she is older and can actually understand what you are saying. She loves you and I can't wait for you to see her when you get back! SHe'll be at just the right age i'm thinkin. Well it's on to more birthday planning! Love you Whitney!