Monday, June 16, 2008

A Funny Story

Only the choosen ones. those who check the blog get this sweet story. Only because I forgot to write it in my email.
We teach English class every Wednesday at the Church, after class we go and get something to eat. Usually at the local Baleada shack. It was after interviews and none of were hungry, just thirsty. We decided to make a shake, because conviently in our house we have a blender. We bought the bananas and some milk and headed back to the house. We were talking and enjoying ourselves. The Elders sat on our porch and we were busy inside, washing cups and making shakes. I saw a shadow move on the top bunk, I thought stupid cockroach, I{m going to kill you. I moved somethings and nothing moved. I walked over to my side of the room, and put on my sandals. It was in this moment that I saw the biggest more disgusting animal. Can you guess? A rat ran from the bed to behind hna fiatz clothes. I screamed and tried to speak in spanish but it had all left me. Everyone was like what the devil is wrong with you. A rat, over there in your clothes. they didn{t belive me. It was tricky. Finally it moved and they believed that I was telling the truth. Luckily the Elders were with us, although they are not allowed to come in our house. elder mitchell grabbed our broom and in he came with just one word:permiso. I left the house and they came in, they chased that rat for a good 15 minutes. I never knew that they were so athlethic. they can run fast, climb anything and jump a good 2 feet. The only weapon we had was our brooms and those of our neighbors. Elder mitchell killed, and we took a picture. what a prize. I pray everynight that I never have another rat in my house again. I would ask that you all join with me. I couldn{t sleep that whole night because I was jumpy and paranoid about rats in my bed. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Whit said...

I am going to be on the internet at 3 on wednesday. Write me some mail through my gmail account. wheatwhit@gmail.com.
If you want to chat lets live it up. I{m not breaking rules were going to the obispas house. my best friend(Jenny) she speaks pretty good english,and her house is almost american(air conditioning) Keep me up to date. you don{t write nearly enough.

Jennifer said...

I guess I'm not sure who was athletic, the elders or the rat. If I were you, I'd sleep with one eye open.

Liz & Dennis said...

same here. i thought you were commenting derogatorily about the elders' athletic ability there for a minute. i had a good laugh when i thought of the elders leaping "two feet!" anyway, good luck with your athletic pests.

sara said...

I am freaking out and I am a world away. I hope that doesn't happen anytime too soon.

Shelley said...

Good grief! I hope that rat didn't have a family or friends. I too laughed about the athletic abilities of the elders, but soon figured you were talking about the rat. Aren't you glad that the elders were so eager to go chase that rat. What a funny story. Hope you have nights without rats.

Julie said...

Thanks for your message. Your blog is really great. What a blessing for a missionary...I never even thought of that. We are doing good. The boys are growing so fast. We miss Castle Dale and everyone down there!
Julie Jorgensen Toone