Wednesday, November 21, 2007
"Here's the headline: UTAH DEFEATS BYU IN PROVO, AGAIN . . ."
Reasons The Utes will Win
1. Utah (8-3, 5-2 MWC) finishes regular season this Saturday against No. 23 BYU (8-2, 6-0 MWC) .
2. Utah has won seven straight games and eight of its last nine.
3. Quarterback Brian Johnson is 7-0 since returning to the starting lineup from an injury.
4. Utah is 1-0 against ranked teams this year, beating No. 11 UCLA 44-6. The Bruins beat the Cougars 27-17 on Sept. 8.
5. Utah is waitng to hear the location of its fifth-straight bowl game. Utah has won its past six postseason games dating back to 1999, which ranks as the second-longest current bowl win streak in the nation.
6. Third-year head coach Kyle Whittingham has tied his season win record of eight. Whittingham, has produced a winning record every year, had 8-5 last season after going 7-5 in 2005.
7. Utah leads the all-time series with BYU 52-32-4 (including a 3-3 record when BYU was known as BY Academy). Utah has won four of the last five, and the last two games in Provo.
8. Utah ranks No. 3 in the nation in pass efficiency defense (94.4), No. 5 in scoring defense (15.5) and No. 11 in pass defense (180.7). In addition, the Utes rank No. 6 nationally in opponent third down conversion percentage (28.8%) and are tied for No. 9 in sacks (35). The Utes lead the MWC in all of those categories.
Miranda is this an appropriate rebuttal.
Posted by Whit at 6:30 PM